Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cantering Down the Trail

Took a little 10 mile ride with our friends, Sharon and Phinn. Phinn is a 3 day eventing Holsteiner who has huge strides. Poor Whisper has to canter to keep up with his trot, and if Phinn goes into his easy canter, Whisper has to flat out gallop to keep up! We have to watch those gallops, tho, as Whisper's legs got a bit puffy after a long gallop with Phinn last summer. Anyway, here is a video of us cantering a couple miles:



I did have to ask Sharon to slow down a tad to keep Whisper from getting up to her fourth gear, especially since she was getting a bit bucky.

Oh, and don't worry, I will be securing my helmet cam a bit better to my spare helmet so it will not wobble and you will not get motion sickness watching!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love that song! Who is the artist? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Maryann Kennedy is the arist. You can purchase her CD's thru her website: http://www.maryannkennedy.com/index.htm