Saturday, November 8, 2008

Andi gets his winter haircut

Andi has gotten the thickest winter coat already, and it's only the first week in November. Since a horse grows it's winter coat based on the amount of daylight, and not the cold, he is WAAAAY overdressed for our 60 and 70 degree weather. I had done a lousy clip job on him last year. I say lousy because while I own clippers, they are not heavy duty clippers. So I asked my friend and neighbor, Sharon, to clip him for me and she agreed. Here is the outcome:




Sharon did a beautiful job! Lucky for me, she used to clip for competition horses, so her being a clip perfectionist just makes Andi look all the more sexy in his new haircut! And now, he doesn't get so overheated and soaking wet when he gets ridden. By the time the bitter cold nights of January and February get here, the clipped areas will have grown in enough to keep him warm.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Hi. I got here via your 'Reno to Truckee Train Ride' at YouTube. I live in Truckee. Next time take more batteries so you can take pics of the pretty part of the ride! Just kidding, it was very nice.

My sister-in-law is a breast cancer survivor and we support the fight as much as we can. Thank you for your efforts. You are sure in the right place for it as Fallon is pretty much a cancer cluster.

Keep up the good work.

BTW, the Tevis Cup Ride is a big deal up here, but our newspaper never seems to notice. The only reason I even know about it is because I ride my dirt bike up Forest Service Road 6 where the staging area is.