Monday, April 21, 2008

Test Ride in Specialized Saddle

I took a test ride today on Whisper in the Specialized Saddle. It gets two thumbs up from me and as long as it works for Andi next weekend, I will be placing my order!! We did a 6 mile ride mostly at trot, canter, and her gait, which is a saddle rack. We threw a boot, so I had to get off and put it back on (thank goodness for the gaiter, it did not get lost, and I knew immediately when it popped off). So there I was, in the desert with no mounting block, no rocks, forget stumps - there are no trees, and a horse I have not been able to mount from the ground in the treeless saddle. This was to be a test, but the saddle passed with flying colors. I will admit, I do not have a spring to my mount anymore and I have to "drag" myself into the saddle. It did not budge! Whisper was comfortable in the saddle, and trotted with her head down and rounding her back up into the saddle. We were both happy campers. Here are a couple of pictures of the sweat pattern the saddle made:






I palpated her entire back, and she had no soreness anywhere. So here's praying it will work for Andi as well. I can't say enough good things about this saddle and the ability to tweak saddle fit is at the top of the list of good things about this saddle.

1 comment:

nemrac917 said...

I look foward to hearing about your continued experiences with the demo saddle!!